Monday, December 08, 2008

Second Time of Your Life (Raw Instrumental)

Photobucket

A tribute song for Greenday, a band that have inpired us massively (me the most I guess) in our (my) musical journey and interest. Truth to be told, the first song I learnt on a guitar was Basket Case by Greenday in a little jungle when I was taking part in a Boys Scout Camping trip back in 1997.

Second Time of Your Life is a result of our own rendition of one of Greenday's best songs called Time of Your Life. We used the same chord progression with slight improvisation in the rhythm of the song.

This song was suppose to be the band's second song when it was only Izzy and John, known as The Wilkinsons. But sadly we never really had the chance to finish it. I am not sure why. We never really recorded it and there's no lyrics, hence the instrumental nature of it. All I have is this raw recording with only my guitar.

Hopefully one day I will be able to finish off this song.

Trivia: This song was never completed and was never played/released.

<a href="http://hazatsu.bandcamp.mu/track/second-time-of-your-life">Second Time of Your Life by Nevermind The Hazatsu</a>

Date released: Dec 2008 (recorded in winter 2004)
Song by: Izzy and John based on Greenday's Time of Your Life

Credits:
Izzy: Guitars
Jennifer Nicholson: Artwork (http://www.pbase.com/jennifernicholson/image/74051468)

1 comments:

Jen Nicholson said...

I just stumbled across this and I really appreciate that you took the time to give me the photo credit. Peace.